Fighting Together for Our Future!
Since 1967the Michigan Chapter has organized the bold action of citizens working together to protect and restore our Great Lakes state’s health and heritage.With over 150,000 members and supporters in the state, we are volunteer-led, and we actively coordinate our work on many levels. The Michigan Chapter works with volunteer leaders, state agencies and the legislature for better environmental stewardship statewide.
Our members care about clean water and air, wild biodiversity, and a safe energy future, and they help us work towards these goals by supporting our efforts to:
- Raise public awareness of human health and environmental threats.
- Monitor water quality to help enforcement efforts.
- Build coalitions for our issue campaigns to diversify support.
- Find sensible policy solutions to our state’s problems.
- Take legal action to stop corporate interests and government from harming public health and resources.
- Fight for environmental democracy -- we lobby on critical environmental issues and report back on lawmakers’ actions -- we have a strong citizen lobbyist program, helping connect members to their lawmakers on important issues, and we also rally voters to elect pro-environment leaders.
Join usand help fight for a better future for the state.
The Sierra Club follows theJemez Principles for democratic organizingwhich strive for inclusivity, bottom up organizing, solidarity and self-transformation.
|Word or Phrase||Word or phrase to search for:|
|Leader||All or part of leader name to search for:|
No Matching Activities Found
|Date||Activity(click title for full description)||Sponsor||Category||Type||Difficulty||Links|